First steps into a new world...
Wish I had an airbrush on hand for painting these damned palm leaves....
[+] 1 user Likes SethDrallitoc's post
(05-27-2016, 08:16 AM)SethDrallitoc Wrote: Wish I had an airbrush on hand for painting these damned palm leaves....

I was wondering how you planed to do that. My money was on dunking them for at least the base-coat.

Here's a better pic of the Statues from the front before washing and drybrushing.

[Image: 20160602_080604-jpg.8044]

C&Cs welcome and appreciated Smile
(05-28-2016, 07:46 PM)pendrake Wrote:
(05-27-2016, 08:16 AM)SethDrallitoc Wrote: Wish I had an airbrush on hand for painting these damned palm leaves....

I was wondering how you planed to do that. My money was on dunking them for at least the base-coat.

Spray paint?  Pick a nice can of camo green for a base coat...highlight and pattern with brushwork. 

So, I just wanted to show here where I'm at with the OSL style glow using the Airbrush - this is from the most recent comp here.

Its not too bad - I'm slowly getting to grips with the consistency of the paint and only putting on thin layers each time.

[Image: 20160621_103134-jpg.8180]

There is a lot of room for improvements - here's hoping the next comp allows for more crystals! Smile

C&Cs welcome and stuff.
I am so excited for you!! And a teensy jealous <3 I'd love to play with an airbrush. Melly showed me once a project that used watered down glue to make spiderwebs. I'd be so all about that. I really hope to play with an airbrush some day. I didn't realise you used it for the red glows on your competition piece. That effect was one of my favorite parts about your entry so I think the airbrush is doing you great work already!
So, I'm back on the Airbrush thing - I'm scratch building an Ork Looted Stuka for GorkaMorka! It doesn't fly, just uses the Skis.

Using Mig DunkelGreb and DunkelGrau Modulation paints
[Image: 20161230_073325-jpg.10018]

This is what I have so far...
[Image: 20161230_094602-jpg.10025]

This is just the Colour Modulation part, I still need to do the Metallics, the Ink was and weathering next - but I think I'm getting the hand of this Airbrush malarkey! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes djmothra's post
I think you are getting the hang of it, this is looking good.

Don
[+] 1 user Likes HobbyDr's post
A repainted 1/48 Kitech German Marder 1A3 with a converted gun (a scratch built Heavy Bolter)

Modulated with Mig Jimenez Dunkelgreb and Russian 4b0 sets (no lining or weathering yet though)

[Image: 20170212_162212-jpg.10689]
[+] 1 user Likes djmothra's post